- LAS® or License of Advance Standing for Teachers of International English® has been approved to be put to practice as the means of evaluation of the level of certified teachers and a form of distinction.
- The implementation of LAS® was necessitated to avoid fraud and improper use of the TIELC certification system, thus fostering the just and fair evaluation of graduate credentials.
- Keeping the certified teachers annually evaluated and fit for teaching positions.
- Tracking of progress and professional growth of the certified teacher.
- Matching constantly upgrading demands of employers.
- Qualifying the certified teacher for changing educational standards.
is a merit-based document which is a proof of:
- outstanding skills of the TESOL Certified graduate
- preparedness to practice the acquired skills of a professional teacher
- ability to produce high-quality classroom teaching
- commitment to uphold high standards of TESOL teaching methodology
- international qualifications of a certified teacher
is a supplementary document affixed to the TESOL Certificate. Without the certificate LAS®
has no validity. TESOL Certificate cannot be substituted by LAS®